Author Topic: WIP Wednesday/Saturday? No, we are still very much alive!  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Speedian

• Cookies: 3
Re: WIP Wednesday/Saturday? No, we are still very much alive!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »
Ok, on behalf of the people here that's not vocally entitled asshats......I want to thank the Devs here for their continued work on this project.
I want people to realize that this game is Star Trek Fan's Wet Dream and that no one has taken on such a task as grand as this. There are no games like this outside of this I understand that people here want to play the game, but trying to be a slave driver to these guys isn't going to make things go any faster as its just going to burn them out and not care to do any of this if people don't show a little compassion for these guys. Remember that this is free.....and doesn't need anyone's whip at there back when trying to accomplish this labour of love......and to help with that you need to show YOUR love. I've been monitoring this project for the last 4 years, and I have not had to sound off in here to show my DISGUST with the progress of the project. That is because negativity begets negativity, and I'd rather not be a hindrance, but a supportive voice for the devs here that is trying to make something we can all resonate with as fans. I will be messaging the devs to see what I can do to help this project along, rather than try to anchor it in place with bitching about it. Remember, You not entitled to free shit, you just have to be grateful for what you have. In closing, to the Devs ............keep on keeping on! :)
 :rock :yay :rock :biggrin

Offline ES_Archer

• "ohhhh,You did NOT shoot that green shit at me!!"
  • Cookies: 1
  • STO lifetime member *sigh*
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2017, 11:25:58 PM »
First off, Excalibur is not ... You wanna know why leaked builds are not released officially? Because they aren't ready. They do not represent what we want to put out there. It's a Dev's greatest nightmare to know someone has played a leaked build..."

I read everything...and I understand what you are saying...although I did sound rude...I was more in a playfull way. But using this quote...the reason YOu don't want people to play recent builds is because you don't want to show how LITLE you did since the port. To be honest...it's a bit pathetic.
I don't mean to be rude...again, take it as critic.
What I mean, step up or step down is either focus on it and dilever or just let it die, since you said...You have no time!
I give you a good example...I know most of the team that made the MOD for freelancer...the total converstion to Star wars, they changed the engine...they enhanced the engine...the FX added features, added models...added gameplay...etc and they ALL had family and jobs. But they stuck to it until they finish it, to a point where they said they wouldn't do it again.
Of course everyone wants to spend time with their family and friends...etc, BUT your family will ALWAYS be there...
What you leave behind, what you left unfinished will always be in your mind...commitment or the lack of is what making this "game" die off...10 years!
It was all fun and games, a bunch of blokes in school started this and then real life kicked in. What if you got the IP rights and could make money of it....but only if it was finished? Would you still show this commitment?
How hard can it be to IMPORT all the models and features you already had to a established and versatile engine like UE...To see what you already have...and then seing what there is actually...
but I'll wait...maybe when I get grandsons they can play this...

Offline ES_Archer

• "ohhhh,You did NOT shoot that green shit at me!!"
  • Cookies: 1
  • STO lifetime member *sigh*
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »
Ok, on behalf of the people here that's not vocally entitled asshats......I want to thank the Devs here for their continued work on this project.
I want people to realize that this game is Star Trek Fan's Wet Dream and that no one has taken on such a task as grand as this. There are no games like this outside of this I understand that people here want to play the game, but trying to be a slave driver to these guys isn't going to make things go any faster as its just going to burn them out and not care to do any of this if people don't show a little compassion for these guys. Remember that this is free.....and doesn't need anyone's whip at there back when trying to accomplish this labour of love......and to help with that you need to show YOUR love. I've been monitoring this project for the last 4 years, and I have not had to sound off in here to show my DISGUST with the progress of the project. That is because negativity begets negativity, and I'd rather not be a hindrance, but a supportive voice for the devs here that is trying to make something we can all resonate with as fans. I will be messaging the devs to see what I can do to help this project along, rather than try to anchor it in place with bitching about it. Remember, You not entitled to free shit, you just have to be grateful for what you have. In closing, to the Devs ............keep on keeping on! :)
 :rock :yay :rock :biggrin

Whiteknighting at it's best...!0 years mate....10 years! No one is being a slave driver...just asking what and why this is happening. In None of my posts you see me demanding that they release NOW! Although they did have a counter that disapeared ages ago showing the QB nearly done...and there were some "promises" on a some xmas...years ago about a release of QB that...like the second coming of "jesus" never happened  :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz

BTW...there is a game out there for all trekkies....its called Star citizen...and maybe you should check out Dual universe...where you can BUILD your own Trek ships

Offline FekLeyrTarg

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 01:20:04 AM »
As someone who has been on both sides of the modding/freeware-community for about 10 years, I can tell from experience that, while devs remain silent for some time, progress usually happens behind the scenes.
So I have no doubt that you guys keep going no matter how much or how less time you have on your hands to work on "Excalibur".
I can wait even for 5 more years if that means having a polished release of "Excalibur". Take all the time you need to develop the game to your satisfaction until you feel comfortable enough for a first official release. :)

Offline Darkthunder

• Moderators
  • Cookies: 42
  • BC-Central Vice Admin
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 01:44:07 AM »
Whiteknighting at it's best...!0 years mate....10 years! No one is being a slave driver...just asking what and why this is happening. In None of my posts you see me demanding that they release NOW! Although they did have a counter that disapeared ages ago showing the QB nearly done...and there were some "promises" on a some xmas...years ago about a release of QB that...like the second coming of "jesus" never happened  :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz

BTW...there is a game out there for all trekkies....its called Star citizen...and maybe you should check out Dual universe...where you can BUILD your own Trek ships

Again with the attitude. AND insulting a fellow member no less.

The "Progress bar" that existed years ago was tied to what was then the "Evolved Game Engine" (before the switch to Unreal Engine 4). Switching to a different engine, means having to relearn a lot of things. And as I've said before, people come and go, real lives, jobs, families etc. All of which contribute to a faster or slower pace depending on the time of the year. Around the holidays, as you could imagine, pacing slows to an absolute crawl (generally speaking).

We get it: You wanted the game released already. WE wanted the game released already. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way. Your only choices (if you have no intention of getting involved in the actual development of the game), are to either be patient and wait (no matter how long it takes), or leave. Really that simple. No need to dish out insults against the developers, it's team members or fellow forum members. You've already insulted us more than enough to warrant an extended involuntary leave, but I'd like to err on the side of giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Patience, get involved, or LEAVE. Simple as that.
Star Trek Excalibur @ IndieDB
Star Trek Excalibur

Offline Speedian

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 04:32:10 AM »

Dude, Its not white-knighting. It's me being a fellow independent developer and knowing the progress of creating things go, and switching engines is a pain in the ass. By the way, as a fan, you are not entitled to know anything about this project outside of release statements.  You have no stake in this other than you personally entertainment value.

I do like the fact that you brought up options of what to play in the meantime, which are something YOU should probably do and rather than belly aching for your apparent entitlement.....just saying :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz :lolz

Offline Jules

• aka Adonis
  • Standby Developer
  • Cookies: 61
  • Ze Meister of TMP
    • Adonis' DeviantArt Page
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 03:52:16 AM »
I read everything...and I understand what you are saying...although I did sound rude...I was more in a playfull way. But using this quote...the reason YOu don't want people to play recent builds is because you don't want to show how LITLE you did since the port. To be honest...it's a bit pathetic.
I don't mean to be rude...again, take it as critic.
What I mean, step up or step down is either focus on it and dilever or just let it die, since you said...You have no time!
I give you a good example...I know most of the team that made the MOD for freelancer...the total converstion to Star wars, they changed the engine...they enhanced the engine...the FX added features, added models...added gameplay...etc and they ALL had family and jobs. But they stuck to it until they finish it, to a point where they said they wouldn't do it again.
Of course everyone wants to spend time with their family and friends...etc, BUT your family will ALWAYS be there...
What you leave behind, what you left unfinished will always be in your mind...commitment or the lack of is what making this "game" die off...10 years!
It was all fun and games, a bunch of blokes in school started this and then real life kicked in. What if you got the IP rights and could make money of it....but only if it was finished? Would you still show this commitment?
How hard can it be to IMPORT all the models and features you already had to a established and versatile engine like UE...To see what you already have...and then seing what there is actually...
but I'll wait...maybe when I get grandsons they can play this...

Ok, let me spell this out for you plain and clear:

We will not waste our time arguing with your kind here. If you need to cry about how "little" we've done without having actual insider knowledge go somewhere else and let us actually do work finishing this. End of this useless discussion.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Darkthunder

• Moderators
  • Cookies: 42
  • BC-Central Vice Admin
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 04:35:21 AM »
And with that, the topic is closed.

When PR picks up, a new topic will be created.
Star Trek Excalibur @ IndieDB
Star Trek Excalibur