Author Topic: Seeing the damage and other faction bridges.  (Read 512 times)

Offline thee_mateo

• Common sense doesn't apply to computers...
  • Cookies: 7
  • CPU Juggernaut
Seeing the damage and other faction bridges.
« on: June 06, 2017, 07:05:03 AM »
Will you be able to walk around the ship and see the damage done to it?  Maybe you can see repairs being done at drydock or in an asteroid field or nebula.  I think it would be cool if the damage done to it on the open space will correspond to the internal damage.  What do I mean by this?  Let's say the ship's hull got damaged and you can see several quarters in open space.  It would be cool to walk to it and see a force field set up to block the internal and external damage.  It would also be cool to see a map of the ship in engineering and you send the repair crew to certain parts of the ship receive repairs. 

In terms of other faction bridges and internal display of ships:
I have a question.  Will Excalibur have bridges of other factions?  Will Excalibur be the lone ship with internal detail or one of many?

Your Thoughts,

Thee_Mateo
A mushroom walks into a bar. Bartender goes "Hey, get out, we dont serve your kind here." The mushroom replies "why not? im a real fun guy!" (fungi)

Hi my name is Bill Gates and today I'll Teach you how to count to ten:
1, 2, 3, 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10

Press Any Key to Start:
"Where is the 'ANY' Key?"

Offline thee_mateo

• Common sense doesn't apply to computers...
  • Cookies: 7
  • CPU Juggernaut
Re: Seeing the damage and other faction bridges.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:33 AM »
Maybe there can be a basic outline of ships and bridges which all other vessels can derive details from.  Perhaps the ship will have a specific algorithms that can create an outline of the vessel.  One thing that can be looked over is probably is crew quarters but if they are allowed, maybe you can acquire trinkets from missions, trading, and whatnot.  But all nominal crewmen will have just the basics but the senior crew quarters can be updated and improved over time.

Your Thoughts,

Thee_Mateo
A mushroom walks into a bar. Bartender goes "Hey, get out, we dont serve your kind here." The mushroom replies "why not? im a real fun guy!" (fungi)

Hi my name is Bill Gates and today I'll Teach you how to count to ten:
1, 2, 3, 95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10

Press Any Key to Start:
"Where is the 'ANY' Key?"

Offline Jannanut

• Cookies: 0
Re: Seeing the damage and other faction bridges.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »
I also want to know how he will repair it when it breaks.