Author Topic: Check out this early video test of our true first person system. It's nice not having to be a floating head... https://youtu.be/cPbmdGud0V4   (Read 298 times)

Offline Socials

• Cookies: 4
  • RSS Poster
    • Facebook
Check out this early video test of our true first person system. It's nice not having to be a floating head... https://youtu.be/cPbmdGud0V4 

Check out this early video test of our true first person system. It's nice not having to be a floating head...  https://youtu.be/cPbmdGud0V4 

Source: Check out this early video test of our true first person system. It's nice not having to be a floating head... https://youtu.be/cPbmdGud0V4 

Offline andyp

• Cookies: 0
This is awesome, I'm loving it.

The two critiques that I have: the skymap scale seems too big, you walk from one end of the room to the other and the ship doesn't move, I would guestimate the room is about 50-100 ft long so the perspective should adjust, some of the models such as the lights seem low poly, granted this is all early stuff, and some of it may have carried over from years ago ( I think I remember seeing a screenshot of that room a few years back in the old engine) so that makes sense. (suggestion: putting a sprite over the spots where you see directly see where the light is being emitted from will cover this up)

Offline BenjiTheWalrus

• Ship's Counselor
  • PR Team
  • Cookies: 61
  • Space Whale
That is not a skybox, that's the model.
"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
-Garak

"I have a dream; a dream that all people -- human, Jem'Hadar, Ferengi, Cardassians -- will someday stand together in peace... around my Dabo tables."
 -Quark

"Rom's an idiot. He couldn't fix a straw if it was bent"
-Odo

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, and Heavy Metal fan.
  • Cookies: 27
  • Metal Will Never Die!
I thought that First Person gameplay wouldn't be focused on until after QB has a release. Can't remember where this was said though.

Regardless, This looks AWESOME!!!
Don't give up if you keep falling down a path you don't want to be in. Persistence Helps, A lot.

"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking Nerd herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline FekLeyrTarg

• Cookies: 2
It feels like the classic "Starbase 11"-mod for "Elite Force 1" brought to the next level and the 24th Century. Well done. :)

Offline lewisniven

• Developer
  • Cookies: 8
This is awesome, I'm loving it.

The two critiques that I have: the skymap scale seems too big, you walk from one end of the room to the other and the ship doesn't move, I would guestimate the room is about 50-100 ft long so the perspective should adjust, some of the models such as the lights seem low poly, granted this is all early stuff, and some of it may have carried over from years ago ( I think I remember seeing a screenshot of that room a few years back in the old engine) so that makes sense. (suggestion: putting a sprite over the spots where you see directly see where the light is being emitted from will cover this up)

It's just a set of test rooms being used to text effects and various functionality, it's not game final geometry or anything. :)

Offline SupremeVoid

• Cookies: 1
  • BC304
It really looks impressive. I never thought to see the first person before actual QB "gameplay".
Very well done Team!
Cant wait to see more after all those hard years  :lol

P.S: Lewisniven, is it just me or a you a new team member? I cant remember to have seen you around..

SupremeVoid
Stargate :)                                       
i love bubble shields.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SupremeVoid
CPU: i7 6700K
Graphics(GPU): GTX 980 MSI
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Hero VIII
RAM: 16Gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Developer
  • Cookies: 32
  • Sweet Niblets!
    • The Ninth Fleet
Re: Check out this early video test of our true first person system.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 04:40:31 AM »
Wait until you see some of the actual rooms...  :D

"One Sky, One Destiny" - Kairi

Offline [FC]EVOXSNES

• Cookies: 0
Pretty nice so far guys. I know it's just a small test but it really looks great considering.

Offline Luke

• Project Director
  • Cookies: 131
  • SFX and Music
Cheers all! I made those models many years ago now, so safe to say they'll all be getting replaced at some point with more up to date meshes!

The scale is about right. The ship does appear to move when traversing about the walkway there, there was big emphasis on getting the sense of scale and distance. 

We're still figuring out exactly how unreal will handle the switching between exterior/ interior scenes, so we don't know if they'll be included in our initial release but we are working on it, which is why interior mechanics will be featured in upcoming pr items. We're just starting small and going from there. :)

Interiors have certainly created a renewed interest internally, which is a constant battle any unpaid project faces, so we'll be showing off some cool stuff in the coming weeks.