Author Topic: Music Mixing and Mastering  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Luke

• Project Director
  • Cookies: 147
  • SFX and Music
Music Mixing and Mastering
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:43 AM »

Position: Music Mixing and Mastering

Must have:

• A Profound understanding of cinematic music production techniques.
  • The ability to commit. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we hope you'll have a reasonable amount of confidence you can contribute time into the future of Excalibur (At least to mid 2016).
  • Experience in the industry mastering classical/ cinematic music. (Not pop)
  • Ability to communicate any recommended amendments and adjustments.

Probationary task: Mix and finalise a short piece of music

Description: As our music progresses, we will need a supervisor to ensure that final tracks are technically and consistently mixed and mastered to a professional level. Unlike traditional industry workflows, we promote a back-and-forth approach so you’ll be working with our composer to ensure each track sounds as good as possible. 

Please reply to this post or get in touch via PM to apply or wish to learn more about the position. Thankyou.

Offline Anonymoist

• Cookies: 0
Re: Music Mixing and Mastering
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 02:40:41 PM »
Well this looks amazing.

I'm an 18 year old music technology student in England, and for this course we have to mix and master all kinds of different music, I say this so you know I have in depth knowledge of the most technological aspect of music.

I have Logic Pro X on my Mac so I have all the necessaries to do the work and I have the confidence I can do it well. I have been excited about Excalibur ever since I heard about the project and the idea of helping on this project is amazing to me, I love Star Trek and I love doing anything to do with music so this, to be brutally honest, sounds completely fucking awesome.

Now if you allow me to do this then you wont be getting an industry professional you'll be getting a crazily enthusiastic student who is willing to commit as much time to the project as is needed.

All I ask is the chance to make my mark on an aspect of this project no matter how small or insignificant, and combining love of trek and love of music I think this could go well, all I ask is the consideration.

Thanks, Sam

Offline Luke

• Project Director
  • SFX and Music
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
Hey Sam, thanks for getting in touch so quickly! We will certainly consider every application. Do you have any examples of tracks you've processed? If not I can alternatively send you over a short piece of music for mixing/ mastering, whichever you prefer.

Regards, Luke.

Offline Anonymoist

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »
Thanks for the response, if you could send over a piece of music and a deadline then that would best.

Offline Phileosophos

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 12:22:37 AM »
I'm interested in helping. Do you already have a composer?

Offline Luke

• Project Director
  • SFX and Music
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:18:27 PM »
Hello. Thankyou for getting in touch!

We do currently have a composer, and are currently in initial contact with a mastering engineer.

We would still love to hear any examples of your music that might be suitable for Excalibur however! I can think of a few instances where multiple composers would be  beneficial to a project like this. (For instance writing for different species)

all the best, Luke.

Offline Atom

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 10:36:19 PM »
Luke I am a recording artists who is releasing a new album. My music is pop, not cinematic but I have been recording and mixing for years. My main apps are Sonar and Adobe Audition although I have used ProTools and Cubase as well.

Can you send me/post a link to the example tracks you would liked mixed? I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as well.

Offline Luke

• Project Director
  • SFX and Music
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 08:41:17 PM »
Hi Atom, please check your Messages!

Offline jaycarrie

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 08:55:31 PM »
Hello, I know this is late at this point, but I've come across this site and interested in helping out. I'm an audio engineer who is passionate about audio, and star trek, and have done a lot of mixing for broadcast, recording, live music and post audio. I'd love to work on this, if that means sound design or mixing, anything audio that you need I'd be more than willing to help out.

Offline tonylunn

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
Hi Luke,

Just seen your project and wondered how you were getting along and if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

You can find some of my credentials/works are listed here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6175345/

Also got experience and links with Voice actors if you are looking in that direction too : http://www.galaxyquest.tv http://novo-b.com

Thanks and good luck with the project

Tony

Offline miguelj

• My Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
Luke,

I'm so glad I saw someone on facebook share a link to this project.. I had no idea it existed! Really excited about it and would love to help in any way I can. Here is my soundcloud if you are interested in any music there as well as any I could help make for the project. I've read this post and it seems you do have a composer and have for a couple years now, but if you are in need of more material I'd love to help if you like my style.

https://soundcloud.com/migueljohnsonmjmusic

Either way, I look forward to playing this some day. I'm a total Star Trek fan.

Offline Luke

• Project Director
  • SFX and Music
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 01:40:22 AM »
Thankyou both for getting in touch! I've PM'd you both and will continue the discussion there :)